Not sure if digital marketing is a good investment for your business? Here’s the proof.
We’ve assembled a list of 24 ways digital marketing can benefit your business. We’ve sorted these data points into five different categories. They are:
- Websites. Your company homepage and all of the indexed pages of content hosted on your business’s web domain.
- Social Media. The presence a company has across various social media channels. Popular platforms include Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Creating and implementing relevant content that boosts your company’s search engine rating. The more targeted and developed your SEO, the better results your digital marketing content will produce.
- Blog. Content based around the written word. Blog posts cover just about any aspect of a business – such as news, product reviews or company history. Although copy-centric, successful blogs also utilize photos and videos.
- Video. This refers to a businesses audiovisual content across all channels. This could include product demonstrations, Question and Answer videos, commercials and much more.
- Other Content & Marketing Tips. If the first 21 ideas don’t do it for you, we round out our list with 3 other content and marketing tips!
After browsing through our article, you’ll see the evidence agrees – digital marketing is a valuable asset to every business.
At the end of the guide, we’ve included a Digital Marketing Action Plan that can help you develop a marketing strategy for your company. Check it out and you’ll see how your business can benefit from digital marketing today!
- Your homepage needs to engage with your user in the first ten seconds. If you want to secure the viewer’s attention, you have to communicate your value proposition right away. An effective message can last longer, but the average attention span doesn’t.
- If you run an ecommerce site, your user interface (UI) is just as important and your product. Nielsen Norman Group explains how the right UI can compel a customer to finalize their purchase.
- You want your website and digital marketing content to be mobile friendly. According to Morgan Stanley, 91% of adults keep their smartphone within reach at all times. 9 out of 10 of mobile searches result in a direct consumer action – and more than half those actions lead to sales. (Forbes).
- GoDaddy reports that almost 60% of small businesses (SMBs) do not have a website. Of that 60% surveyed, half of the respondents planned to launch a website in the next 2 years. 59% of SMBs with websites claim their company grew once they had a website.
- Ambassador reports that 71% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand after a positive social media experience. Instead of calling a customer service representative on the telephone, 33% of users would prefer to reach out to a brand through social media. 73% of companies surveyed say they joined social media to provide engaging customer service.
- Social media pages are a must-have for every digital marketing campaign – but it’s about the conversation, not the destination. 92% of internet users that talk about brands online don’t follow that brand on social media. Audience engagement across social media more important. 83% of Fortune 500 companies have a presence on Twitter. 77% of twitter users have a favorable impression of a brand after the company replies to the user’s tweet.
- Video content effectively reaches social media audiences on all channels. 82% of Twitter users watch video content through the app. Facebook users watch over 100 million videos on the site everyday. (Twitter and Facebook via HubSpot)
- There are 65 million local business pages on Facebook. 4 million of those companies regularly pay for advertisements on Facebook. (Facebook via GeoMarketing)
- As we mentioned, time is critical with internet users, and SEO gets you in touch with your targeted audience faster. According to Mobile Marketer, 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour..
- SEO is the key to unlocking your local market. 72% of consumers use a search engine before visiting a location within 5 miles of their home. 28% of searches for items ‘nearby’ result in a purchase. And 78% of location-based mobile phone searches actually result in an offline purchase. (Source: Twitter Via HubSpot).
- All of the digital marketing resources mentioned in the article can improve your SEO. Websites with blogs have over 400% more pages indexed by search engines. Webpages with video content are 50 times more likely to get organic page rankings from Google.
- Borrell Associates reports that business will invest over $80 billion dollars in SEO-related content.
- 77% of all users on the internet read some type of blog. (The West Program)
- 61% of blog readers in the United States have made a purchasing action because of a blog’s recommendation.
- Hire professional content producers to ensure your blog’s success. 60% of B2B Marketers say their biggest challenge is creating engaging blog content. Companies that consistently post blog content 16+ times a month get 4.5 times more leads than companies that blog 0-1 times each month.
- Blogging benefits businesses big and small. According to Statista, 36% of companies in the Fortune 500 (year 2016) publish a blog. Coca-Cola, Walmart, and Whole Foods are just some of the top names in business who are taking advantage of blogging.
- According to an A/B conversion test ran by EyeView, landing pages that feature a relevant video are 30% more likely to convert than a page without video.
- Videos are an effective and immediate way to engage your audience. A survey by Animoto confirms that customers are 4x more likely to watch a video than read an article. According to Google, 50% of people online search for a product video before seeing the actual product in person.
- 45% of internet users watch one or more hour of video content on Facebook or YouTube everyday. A shopper that views a video advertisement online is 1.81 times more likely to purchase that product than a user that didn’t see the advertisement. (Facebook via HubSpot / Animoto via HubSpot)
- Business insider reports that over $4 billion dollars will be spent on social media video advertisements during 2017. That’s double the 2016 market size.
Other Content & Marketing Tips
- Record a podcast. This low budget piece of content offers long-term consumer interaction for next to no cost. Edison Research states that 67 million Americans listen to podcasts every month. The average listener consumes up to 5 shows each week and subscribes to 6 podcasts. And 85% of listeners tune in and listen for the entire podcast.
(Editor’s note: Nick Kullin, CEO and Founder of Second Flight Consultancy loves podcasts and has appeared on many. You can check them all out here.)
- Use video, photography and other compelling visual elements as much as possible. According to a survey from Skyword, articles with images get 94% more views than articles without. 60% on potential clients are more likely to engage with a local business that features a photo in their search engine results.
- Create an infographic! Handy infographics like this one share a lot of relevant data in a simple, yet engaging manner. The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) found that 62% of companies surveyed in 2014 used an infographic for digital marketing. Articles and infographics that properly utilize color theory and visual presentations are 80% more likely to be read.
- Host an exclusive webinar. CMI and MarketingProfs report that 61% of B2B marketers surveyed claim webinars are their most effective content-marketing tool.
Digital Marketing For Your Business Today
Now, that you’ve learned all about digital marketing and the ways it will benefit your business, it’s time to get started! All you have to do is ask yourself a few questions about your brand, develop a few ideas and call Second Flight Consultancy.
Review this Digital Marketing Action Plan and start today:
- Define your business in just 50 words or less. Limiting yourself is part of the challenge.
- Write what you want to tell your audience about your brand – another 50 words. Feel free to use bullet points to get your general thoughts down.
- Come up with at least three ideas for things you’d like to try with digital marketing. If you can’t come up with specifics, write about what content platforms interest you and why.
- Send these answers and your contact information over to us at Second Flight Consulting.
We’re a digital marketing agency that delivers branding assets across all platforms. Our services are all-inclusive and limitless. Here’s a glance at some of the brands we do work for.
Second Flight builds custom engineered advertising solutions for companies of all industries and sizes. We specialize in growth hacking your business to it’s maximum potential.
Contact us with your Digital Marketing Action Plan. We look forward to making it happen for you.